Materials on Regular Expressions
- The Regular Expressions for Traders article.
- The Regular Expressions in MQL4 for working with regular expressions library.
Other Useful Materials
- Microsoft .NET Regular Expressions
- Microsoft .NET Regex Class Documentation
- Microsoft Regular Expressions – Quick Reference PDF
- Others: Using Regular Expressions with The Microsoft .NET Framework
Most Useful CRegex Class Methods
- IsMatch() – Checks whether the regular expression finds a match in the input string.
- Matches() – Searches an input string for all occurrences of a regular expression and returns all the matches.
- Replace() – In a specified input string, replaces strings that match a regular expression pattern with a specified replacement string.
- Split() – Splits the subject string along regex matches, returning an array of strings. The array contains the text between the regex matches (i.e. split performs inverse match).
MT4 Forex Script Characteristics
Platform: Metatrader 4
Time frames: any.
How to install Screenshot Script in MetaTrader 4 / MT4:
Copy and paste the Regular Expressions Tester MQL4.mql4 files into the MQL4 Scripts folder of the Metatrader 4 trading platform.
Restart your MetaTrader 4 application (assuming it’s currently open) … or Launch your MetaTrader 4 application
You can access this folder from the top menu as follows:
File > Open Data Folder > MQL4 > Script (paste here)
On the left hand side, look for the “Navigator” window and under the “Common” tab, look into the “Scripts” section
Locate the indicator which you have just downloaded into the folder stated in Step 1
Drag (Click and drag) the Script onto the chart (when you want the task to be performed)
your task should now be executed…