Forex Quantina Straddle Trade Robot review:
- 4-5 digit platform supported and determined automatically.
- Real ECN / STP account type compatible.
- Advanced Break Even Method (Trigger + Lock).
- Possible to trail before break even.
- Separated Buy and Sell Order Distance.
- Intelligent Money Manager (Calculated with Stop-Loss).
- Unique Algorithm for Pending Orders.
- Maximum Spread Filter.
- Settings can be used in PIPS or in Points.
- Stealth Mode Function to protect your account.
Straddle trading is described as a method of simply placing two pending orders before economic news is released, a buy-stop and a sell-stop. The essence of this is to set a trap to capture market moves after a news release, which may go either way. If the news release comes out bullish, a bullish spike would trigger the buy-stop order and hopefully the trader will make some money. The same applies to bearish spikes. So with straddling, direction of a news release is not so important and not relevant.
Set two opposite direction of pending orders just a few minutes before the news released. (BuyStop – SellStop)
Market will react and move the market price in one way (long or short).
Then track and secure your executed order with BreakEven Method* and Trailing Stop.
- OpenDay = Friday: EA will trade on every selected day a week. You can choose the days from a drop down list.
- OpenHour = 15 : it is in 24h format 0-24. EA using your broker server time.
- OpenMinute = 30 trading minute
- LotSize = 0.0: Trading lot size, If it is 0.0 EA will calculate with your trading risk.
- RiskPercent = 5.0: Trading Risk percent. It will calculate your tradable lot size. Value in percent.
- AllowBuyOrders = true: Allow to open long (buy) trades.
- AllowSellOrders = true: Allow to open short (sell) trades.
- CountedCandleNumber = 0: EA will set the Buystop and Sellstop pending orders from top and bottom of the previous candles highest high point + Buy Distance. Here you can set how many previous candle are counted.
- BuyDistance = 10: Previously known as “PipsAway”. This value will be added to set BUYSTOP pending order only.
- SellDistance = 10: Previously known as “PipsAway”. This value will be added to set SELLSTOP pending order only.
- SecBeforePost = 10: Seconds Before Post when EA will place Pending Orders before news time.
- MaxSpread = 20: Maximum allowed spread during trade.
- TrailingStop = 15: Enter the amount of pips you want your trailing stop to be and EA will track all profitable orders.
- TrailingStep = 1: Market price have to move at least TrailingStep in pips for any Tracking.
- TrailBeforeBreakEven = false: Available to run TrailingStop before BreakEven.
- BreakEvenTrigger = 6: Market have to move at least BET pips to secure at BreakEvenLock to save your profit BreakEvenLock = 3.
- StealthMode = false: It will not be sending the StopLoss or TakeProfit Parameters to your broker.
- DeletePendingAfterSec = 180: It will cancel all your not executed pending orders after few seconds.
- OneCancelOther = false: cancel the other (opposite) pending order immediately.
- PushNotificationEnabled: If it is true and you have set up this function in your MetaTrader Terminal, Quantina Straddle Trader EA will send useful notifications to your smart phone.
- EmailAlertEnabled: If it is true and you have set up this function in your MetaTrader Terminal, Quantina Straddle Trader EA will send useful email alerts to your email address.
- MagicNumber: Unique ID if you run more than 1 EA.
- DebugMode = false: Debug mode will write more information to your chart and also it can take screenshots of your trading.
- ValuesInPip = true: Whether you set this EA in pips or points values.
Copy and paste the file into the MQL4 Experts folder of the Metatrader 4 trading platform.
You can access this folder from the top menu as follows:
File > Open Data Folder > MQL4 > Experts (paste here)