Forex MA 3 Ducks Bot Robot – Based on the manual famous trading system ‘Three Ducks Trading System’. The basics of the system is very easy – it consists of three moving averages (mode exponential – adjustable) on three different time frames, in this case they are applied to time frames M5,H1 and H4. Together they indicate where the price is at the moment on these time frames,is the price above it’s average or below.
The basics of the entry signal itself which is always on time frame M5 – Let’s take a buy signal as example. The adviser always searches for the most recent high’s and low’s to establish levels for entry signals but first of all these three ducks (3 Ma’s) needs to be confirmed and lined up on all three time frames M5,H1 and H4. In this ‘buy’ entry signal example all three ducks needs to be above it’s average plus the price on time frame M5 needs to break above the recent highest level established. If not, there won’t be a signal…if the price brake above and candle close above this level an entry signal is given to open a buy trade. For a sell signal all ducks needs to be confirmed down and the price then needs to break below the lowest level established and candle close below the level.
This adviser can work as a ‘Manual’ trade assistance where you open your trades buy your self with the help of the advisers given signals from the system or you can use the adviser in ‘Auto’ mode where it trades fully automatically by the system. Why these two modes then? Well it depends on what type of trader you are, some like to do this system manually to better have full control over the situation and some just like to have it fully automatic.
- Fully automatic trading or manual trading mode – the choice is yours
- Automatically assigned Magic number/chart or you can define your own
- Signal alerts – Popup alerts and sound,push notifications and email. These works only in ‘Manual’ mode
- Choice to use regular orders with TP/SL or have them closed by reversed order close when price moving back below/above MA 60 on M5(works both in auto and manual mode)
- In ‘Manual‘ mode there are six types of orders to chose in trading – Buy,Sell,BuyStop,SellStop,BuyLimit,SellLimit
- Profit lock – partially order percentage close with activate level for closing start – adjustable
- Virtual/regular trailing stop
- Spread filter – Avoid market entry’s when spread is to high (works only in ‘Auto trading mode’
- ADX trend search filter – Searches for and establish the trend direction and strength
- Visual colorized signal dashboard with all vital information you need to know when it’s time to enter the market when you trade manual. The signal dashboard is always present unless it’s all turned off.
- Practically works on any currency pair and account type. Never tested for trading with stocks, it could work maybe….
- Low deposit – $50-$100 at least.
Auto trading mode
If ‘Auto’ trading mode chosen it’s vital that you first optimize this adviser for the currency pair you wish to trade on. Default settings should only be used on EurUsd M5! It’s fast and convenient to do it all as the adviser works with ‘Open price mode’ in strategy tester.
Manual trading mode and exit rule using ‘Reversal’ orders close or TP/SL orders
If ‘Manual’ mode chosen you are opening orders by your self with the help of the signals given. The most convenient to use in this case is TP/SL orders but of course the ‘reversal’ order close can be used as well as it calculates an estimation when to get out of it all if the price and ducks starts to go wild but it’s a big disadvantage to use in flat,choppy or week trendy market conditions and would only work good in extreme strong trend. A trade will be closed, let’s take a buy order as example – when the price moves back below moving average on time frame M5 and confirmed with a certain amount of closed bars below it (reversed order close). In most cases even in ‘Auto mode’ i believe it’s a disadvantage to use this close function and i recommend to stay with TP/SL orders and trailing stop.
Copy and paste the file into the MQL4 Experts folder of the Metatrader 4 trading platform.
You can access this folder from the top menu as follows:
File > Open Data Folder > MQL4 > Experts (paste here)