Forex Double Day Expert Advisor review:
Double Day is my own trading strategy. It only works on EUR/USD. While monitoring this pair, I found a certain pattern, and decided to develop an Expert Advisor in order to check the pattern on history. It turned out that the pattern had been working for already two years. I cannot unveil its essence, I can only say that it is a trend trading system that does not use any indicators. The entry point is determined after the closure of a daily candlestick, therefor in order for the EA to work accurately, your terminal must be turned on at 00:00, and it is even better if it is running 24/7.
In order to avoid errors, I have restricted EA operation on other currency pairs. It can only work on EURUSD.
- The Expert Advisor is based on the Safe rule: it opens two orders at a time, order has a Take Profit equal to its Stop Loss, and the other one has a Take Profit specified in settings.
- The EA has a Trailing Stop function. If you want to disable the function, set First Trail and/or Trailing Stop greater than Take Profit.
- Start Lot – the EA opens two trades at a time of the specified volume.
- Take Profit – the EA’s Take Profit value.
- Stop Loss – the EA’s Stop Loss value.
- First Trail (Breakeven) – moving an order to breakeven.
- Trailing -Trailing Stop value.
- Trailing Step – trailing step.
- Difference – a risk parameter. The lower the value, the less entry points the EA has with a higher success rate, and vice versa.
- Draw Objects? – show/hide entry points on the chart.
- Magic Number – Expert Advisor ID.
Copy and paste the file into the MQL4 Experts folder of the Metatrader 4 trading platform.
You can access this folder from the top menu as follows:
File > Open Data Folder > MQL4 > Experts (paste here)